Reflect on the videos to help guide you as you look for information to the following. Your answers will NOT come from the video – but the video will help you understand the background on the current and potential future effects of global climate change on Earth and humans. You are to blog your answers (hyperlinks and embedded media are expected for each) in your research. You can also vlog or choose another form of social media to communicate your research – but it must be hyperlinked or embedded into your blog. Try searches on Twitter re: climate change, it is a great source to help you begin your research, and you may connect with other students studying climate change 🙂
- Provide examples of how environmental science contributes to human understanding of anthropogenic effects on the environment.
- Examine the role of policies, summits, model and organizations such as the Canadian Center for Climate Modeling and Analysis (CCCma), intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), and Prairie Adaptation Research Collaborative (PARC), in obtaining a high degree of consensus among scientists regarding anthropogenic climate change.
- Examine how policy makers use scientific information, including climate model predictions, to develop adaptation and mitigation strategies to respond to the effects of climate change.
- Recognize differences in vulnerability to climate change impacts and rates of change at northern versus equatorial latitudes, specifically recognizing the Artic as an indicator region, and the impact on traditional lifestyles.
- Explore, on a variety of spatial and temporal scales, major physical, biological, and social indicators of increasing global temperatures.
NOTE: You can do this assignment as a written response OR you can use Thinglink – I encourage you to give it a try! If you do choose to use Thinglink – you only need one background picture with 5 interactive pictures/videos/textboxes inserted – one textbook per question!
Due Date: _______________at 9:00 am- you will be peer reviewing your team’s research during this class period and then answering quiz questions.
Peer Reviewing document and rubric – Remember that you will also have a short quiz too (study your notes from class for this unit)!