Reproduction, Growth & Development:
- Are there certain cells specialized for reproductions, or can any cell give rise to offspring (binary fission, seed & spore dispersion, gamete production)?
- What are the stages of growth for the organism?
Cell & Body Structure:
- What is the basic body plan?
- What are the organism’s cells like?
- What are the cell walls made of?
- What are some specialized cells?
- How do organisms in your kingdom move (kinesis, taxis & locomotion)?
- How do they maintain homeostasis (biofeedback, fluid regulation and thermoregulation)?
Digestion, Transport & Excretion of Nutrients:
- How do organisms in your Kingdom acquire, breakdown, and transport nutrients in their bodies.
- How do organisms in your Kingdom remove toxic by-products and wastes from their bodies?
Sensing & Responding to the Environment:
All organisms respond to their environment!
- How do organisms in your Kingdom sense the environment (for food, for danger, for mating partners, light, touch, chemicals, gravity, etc.)?
- In what ways do they respond to what is sensed & defend themselves against threats such as pathogens & disease (behaviorally, structurally and physiologically)?
Your presentation should be ~ 5 minutes
You must create a one page handout (single sided) for the rest of the class – these will be used for the assessment
You will be given two class periods to work on this – Presentation is due to your blog by 9:00 am the third class day – be ready to present this day!
|15 TOTAL MARKS||1 –
|3 – Satisfactory||5 – Excellent|
|Presentation / Impact||Difficult to find information
Little student voice is evident
Several errors in language
Some student voice evident
Few errors in language
|Layout very user friendly
Student voice very evident
No errors in language
|Content & Handout
|Several missing requirements
Little depth of content
Incorrect scientific information
|Requirements generally met
Content coverage acceptable
Scientific info generally correct
|All requirements met/exceeded
Great depth of content
All scientific info correct