What is an Assignment Calendar? This is an easy to search chronological archive of our unit! I will post what we did in class, assignments, reminders, announcements and updates as needed. How does this benefit you? This is a place where you can go to check out what we did during the day (if you were missing school) and is a place where I will be posting assignments, some extra resources, or links to blog posts of the assignment. This post will be very helpful to you if you would like to check on a past resource or assignment if needed!
Monday, February 25
- Assessment due
- Abiogenesis, Biogenesis
- Scientists social media assignment (Google Classroom) due next Monday
Tuesday, February 26
- Characteristics of Life
- Viruses – SnapChat your opinion
Wednesday, February 27
- Evolution, Tiktaalik, Evolutionary theories
Thursday, February 28
- Evolutionary cards activity
- Review the difference between Darwin and Lamark’s views
Friday, March 1
- MMM research!!!! Due on Thursday!
Monday, March 4
- Last class day to work on MMM research – Due Thursday!
Tuesday, March 5
- Key Processes and Principals of Biological Evolution
- Who Wants to Live a Million Years game
Wednesday, March 6
- Darwin’s observations
- Galapagos Beak of the Finch video and questions
Thursday, March 7
- Battle of the Beaks lab – will finish on Tuesday!
Friday, March 8
- MMM Brackets!!!!
Tuesday, March 12
- Finish Battle of the Beaks Lab -you must write down all of the data collected, calculate out all of the averages, answer the questions and then draw one BAR graph for all average data collected. Beak Types will be on the Bottom, Collected number of food items on the side. For example – all data for Scissors will be in yellow bars, Tweezers in green bars, and clothespins in red bars. Look at the example below to give you an idea.
Wednesday, March 13
- Health Expo
Thursday, March 14
- Selective pressures game (pom poms)
Friday, March 15
- Finish questions for selective pressures game
- Sickle cell anemia lab (selective pressures – diseases)
Monday, March 18
- Finish sickle cell anemia lab
- Skittles lab (speciation)
Tuesday, March 19
- 15 minutes to finish speciation lab (skittles lab) – hand one lab in per lab group
- Notes on Evolution over generations – Fill in the blank (your welcome)
- Evolutionary Arms Race – begin to watch the video – you will need to finish it tomorrow.