What is an Assignment Calendar? This is an easy to search chronological archive of our unit! I will post what we did in class, assignments, reminders, announcements and updates as needed. How does this benefit you? This is a place where you can go to check out what we did during the day (if you were missing school) and is a place where I will be posting assignments, some extra resources, or links to blog posts of the assignment. This post will be very helpful to you if you would like to check on a past resource or assignment if needed!
Wednesday, September 5
Thursday, September 6
- Continue working on your Leave No Trace assignment from yesterday. Meet in the large computer lab.
- 30 min to finish the assignment and then correct.
- Leave No Trace powerpoint
- Explain expectations for tomorrow – come with materials for your fire starters.
Friday, September 7
- First 20 minutes to work on your question sheet for Fire Safety. The last 40 minutes to work on your fire starters. You need to create 5 different types of fire starters with 3 of each type. In total, you need to make 15 fire starters. BRING YOUR MATERIALS TO CLASS. We will be testing these on Monday. You may go alone or in a group of 2.
Monday, September 10
- P 3 – Assembly and Trip info
- P 6 – Fire Starting
Tuesday, September 11
- P 3- Fire starting
- P 6 – Trip info
- Both classes – all fire questions and observations due (for marks)
Wednesday, September 12 – Friday, September 14
- Menu planning – this must be done and submitted by Thursday at the end of class – You can find the link to the menu here.
- Remember – you must include who is bringing what for your menu and what cookware you will need. Don’t forget soap, dishcloths, dishtowel and a bucket to wash your dishes in.
- Food group flag – must be created and approved
- Tenting equipment list – who is your partner? What equipment will you need? Who is bringing what? You must create a list and have it approved.
- You must tell me who your “tent mate” is.
- Start gathering your equipment
- Remember – ALL FORMS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY AT THE LATEST
- Tent races on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – Bring the tent you will use on the trip!
- We began watching Brother Bear – if you are away from school – please come in at noon hours to finish it. I thought it was on Netflix, but I think they just took it down as I cannot find it on there any longer.
Monday, September 17
- Tent set up in the gym for period 3
- Tent set up in foyer and hallways for period 6
- Continue with Brother Bear
Tuesday, September 18
- Tent Set up
- Finish Brother Bear – Essay outline due tomorrow
- Mrs. Mayer – Menus
- Survival kits
- Camping hacks